You don't have to be a size zero!

Throughout the start of this blog, and even before, I was already looking for clothes to take on Holiday with me in June.  Having put weight on, there were precious few things that I owned that would fit me in the summer sun.

However, I feel the need to point out that whilst I'm on a journey of self discovery, and health, I'm not aiming for perfection.  At 41, I'll never naturally be a size 0 (I don't think I ever have been!), and I'm perfectly okay with that.  You do NOT have to be a size 0 to wear clothes that make you feel sexy and desirable, and anyone who disagrees can, quite frankly, do one!


After some thought last night, and many MANY encouraging comments from friends on Facebook, I decided to try on all the new clothes I bought, and have my partner take photos of me in them.  I went one step further and posted them in an Album on Facebook.  I mean, if I'm preaching, I gotta lead by example, right?  So at first, I posted one photo.

This was followed by a fair few calls for me to post the rest of the photos I'd had taken, and so I did.  The comments were extremely encouraging, and I felt less like a fat chick than some mighty Goddess/warrior taking on the world and smiting social prejudices one by one as I went ... Okay, so that might be going a little far, but you get the gist, I'm sure.  At least, I hope!

This morning, my new swimsuit arrived.  This is a one piece for swimming at the local pool (I have a bikini for my holidays), and I was loath to try it on.  It was only when a good friend mentioned that she'd bought a new one and wanted to see what mine looked like that I thought 'Yeah, screw it!  Let's take a photo of this too' ... So I did.  I'm pleased to announce that it fits perfectly and I don't look like too much of a Heffalump in it!



I have also had to accept that quitting smoking is going to be a process for me.  I made it almost to 4 days before caving again!  But as they say, 'If at first you don't succeed, try try again.' And so that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I WILL make it!  If I'm courageous enough to post half naked photos of myself on here, I'm courageous enough to quit smoking. 

I just need to dig deep.

Comments

Popular Posts