Long time no see!

It's been a wee while since I posted last.  I'm such a bad girl for not keeping people updated.  Anyway, here goes.

So we've been swimming 3 times a week for two weeks now.  I have no idea if I've shed any inches, but I've definitely shed a few pounds, 3lbs this past week, bringing me to a total loss of 17lbs since just after Christmas.  I'm going to have to buy some new PJ's for sure, given that the pants are now looser than ever!  Yikes!  I really must take my measurements and make a note of them.

So, what do we do on the days we're not swimming, since we don't want our muscles to seize up?  Well, we have a stationary bike in our living room.  Put some headphones on, switch on the music, and pedal!  There's a computer that tells us what our heart rate is, how long we've been exercising, and it also tells us how many calories we've burned.  There's also the option of how much resistance we want from the bike, so as our legs get stronger, we can add more resistance as we want.


I do love how the swimming pool set the lanes out for fitness swimming.  There are three double wide lanes, marked out for slow swimmers, fast swimmers, and medium swimmers.  All of them tell you which direction to swim in, so for us slow swimmers, it's clockwise, for the fast it's anti clockwise and so on.  We've noticed that a lot of the swimmers in the slow lane are regulars.  After a slight accident involving my white swimsuit and a purple towel in the wash, I'm sure they're becoming confused by the gradual colour change in my swimsuit lol.  We also walk home instead of taking the bus, or a cab.  Its a good cool down for our muscles.  It takes us about 30 minutes, as opposed to sitting on the bus, or in a cab for 5 minutes, and then sitting down again, when we get home.

I have to admit to not making many changes to my eating habits.  I've mostly cut out all soda, but I still eat what I want, but in much smaller portions.  I also eat a lot of chicken in various forms.  I do like to steam it after seasoning it with salt, pepper, and smoked Paprika.  Rounded out with a few boiled potatoes and mixed veg, it makes for a filling, but yummy meal.  I also like to make a huge pan of homemade soup.  I'm not a fan of chunky soups though, so I use my immersion blender till it's smooth, but then I might add some cooked rice to thicken it up a bit, and give it a little bit of substance at least.  Favourites so far are Potato & Leek, or a Tomato style soup, though it includes a lot of beans and even two types of lentils.  I really need to look for a roasted red pepper & basil recipe to try out too!

The smoking is still a tricky subject.  We keep caving, but I'm convinced we'll get there eventually.  I think it's going to be one of those 'Aha!' moments where we eventually get over the hump, and can actually feel the positive changes in our bodies that will give us the incentive to keep going.  We just have to believe in ourselves, and remind ourselves of why we're quitting.  I'm even thinking about googling a load of gross pictures of organs damaged by smoking, and printing them out, then plastering them all over our walls lol.  Hey, if it works, why not??

Well, I think that's everything so far.  Time for me to jump offline, and onto the Bike ... After I've taken my measurements!

Later folks!

Comments

Popular Posts