The plans are laid ... Kinda

So the plans are in place for this new healthy me.

This coming Tuesday, a number of things will be happening ... The first is to send off the paperwork for my decree nisi, to get rid of the ex husband.  That should help me shed around 20lbs or so. 

The next is to go up to the Leisure centre close by and get my swim club membership sorted.  I adore swimming, always have done, and it's a full body workout that doesn't put too much pressure on your muscles and joints.
  The fact that they waited till I hit my forties to tell me they don't want to work anymore is apparently quite beside the point!  On the days that I don't swim, (cause there's only so much of me in a bikini I can stand!), I'll use the stationary bike that we have at home ... Like, use it properly instead of the clothes stand it's currently being used as.

Meal times are another matter.  The only problem really is dinner.  I mean, who wants Chicken and mixed veg every damn night??  So, with the money we'll be saving from no longer smoking (Hold on, I'm getting to that), I'm looking into either the Gousto, or Hello Fresh boxes.  A good friend has started using the Gousto boxes and is enjoying them.  She also very kindly offered me her discount code, so I may just take her up on that unless Hello Fresh offer me something better.

Now onto the quitting smoking ... Oh boy!  This one is a real doozy!  In the past 2 weeks, I have quit, caved and quit again no less than three times.  Three.  The last time was always doomed to failure.  Lets just say that Nicotine cravings and PMS do not mix.  At all.  There may or may not be actual clawmarks in the wall beside our sofa.  Just sayin'. 

Of everything though, quitting smoking is the one thing I want to do ... Like really want to do.  I've been smoking since I was sixteen, and I'm damn lucky that as of now, I don't suffer any ailments caused by smoking.  But it's only a matter of time.  I'm 41 now.  I can't afford to keep throwing good money after bad, just to look old before my time, and wheeze like a steam train every time I dare to move.  But, I'm back up and on it.

As of the time of writing, I'm 5 hours smoke-free.

Comments

Popular Posts