36 hours and counting ...

I have to say, this quitting smoking thing is SO much easier when you physically don't have the funds to buy a pack.  At 36 hours in, neither myself, nor my fiance have attempted to kill each other yet, which I consider to be a bonus - Aside from all the obvious health reasons and all.  Though last night he was acting suspiciously like a homicidal maniac, and tonight, he's drinking Pepsi like it's going out of fashion in the hopes that something will help with the cravings. 

On the other hand, I don't seem to be doing too badly, all things considered.  I do still get the occasional craving, but I only notice it when I realize I'm grinding my teeth.  Very unusual for me.  Usually, I'd be clawing my way up the walls.  Again, I think in my mindset, it's easier to quit when you know you don't have the funds.  It's like my mind has sort of reset and gone 'Oh well.  No money, no smokes no biggie.'


The question remaining is 'Can we keep ourselves from buying smokes at 2am on Monday morning when he gets paid?'  The answer to that is 'I don't know!'

We will have purged our bodies of Nicotine by then, and we have already purged the carbon monoxide, and to start smoking again and undo all of that just wouldn't be worth it.  However, as I said in a previous post, I've quit and caved three times so far ... Not that it's an excuse to do it again.  I would LOVE to have kicked the habit by the time I go on my solo trip to Gran Canaria in June ... And realistically, it's more than doable.  I just need to keep my brain from playing tricks on me in the meantime.

But as of now, 36 hours.  That's more than a day, and halfway to 2 days!  I can do this ... I know it.

Till next time N.O.P.E (Not One Puff. Ever)

Comments

Popular Posts